Friday, November 22, 2013

More, more, more time... and addictions.

This has been on my mind for quite a while now. The moment you were born, I became addicted to you. And now it seems that the addiction is both ways. I would have thought that if I spend lots of time with you, you will need the change, a bit of distance, a bit of independence, but I was as wrong as wrong can be. It's quite the opposite; the more time we spend together, the more time you want to spend together. On Wednesday night you had ballet, and the plan you and Daddy made on Tuesday was that Daddy will take you to school, pick you up from school, take you to ballet, just make it a Victoria-Daddy Day, while Mommy does some shopping. You agreed to it all, until Wed. morning. First, you wanted me to take you to school and Daddy picks you up and them takes you to ballet class. I was very pleased to get an hour or so to myself, but once you got in the truck, you changed your mind, so all 3 of us went to Ballet. I tried to explain to you that you're going to hurt Daddy's feelings, but you said that is not that you don't want to do things with Daddy, you just want Mommy there, too. All three of us. 
Even in the Dominican Republic, Mommy wanted to spend one day in the room with my book, just stay out of the heat for a day. You were supposed to spend the day in the pool with Daddy. You went to the pool, but half an hour later you were back in the room and decided to spend the day in the room instead. As much as you love the water, you would not go in the pool with just Daddy.
But I'm not (really) complaining, because I know the day will come when you'll want to spend all your time with your friends and I will miss this days. Just like now I miss the hugs and kisses and cuddles, that are a lot less than even a year ago. So, I am trying to enjoy every minute spent together and I am trying to make the best of it, and best memories for you, to last you for a life time. 
I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment